Teak Wood Flooring For Showers
Teak shower floor and bench Teak shower floor, Teak shower, Master bathroom decor
awesome bathroom tile #awesomebathroomvanities Teak bathroom, Wood shower bench, Teak shower floor
Custom Teak Wood Shower Floors – Carib Teak & Fine Lumber
Image result for diy wood shower floor Teak shower floor, Shower floor, Teak shower
Bathroom2 teak shower floor Teak shower floor, Teak shower, Shower floor
Image result for wood slat shower Teak shower, Teak shower floor, Modern master bathroom
Teak Shower Floor Insert – flooring Designs
Custom Burmese Teak Shower Floor – Jacksonville, Fl – Carib Teak
40+ Awesome Modern Teak Bathroom Ideas – The Urban Interior Teak bathroom, Teak shower, Teak
Teak Shower Floor Insert – flooring Designs
- Distressed Hickory Wood Flooring
- Rubber Wood Flooring Residential
- Wood Flooring For Garage
- Wood Floor Laying Tools
- Dark Brown Wood Floor Living Room
- Wood Floor Pictures Of Rooms
- Homebase Wood Floor Paint
- American Walnut Engineered Wood Flooring
- Faux Barn Wood Flooring
- Dark Distressed Wood Flooring
Are you considering a new shower flooring installation? If so, you may want to consider teak wood flooring. This natural material is known for its durability and beautiful look, making it an ideal choice for shower floors. In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at teak wood flooring and the benefits it can offer in showers.
## What Is Teak Wood?
Teak wood is a tropical hardwood that grows mainly in Southeast Asia. It is one of the most valuable and sought-after hardwoods in the world due to its durability and natural beauty. It’s also highly resistant to water, making it perfect for use in bathrooms and showers. Teak wood is usually yellowish-brown in color with a straight grain and occasional knots.
## Benefits of Teak Wood Flooring for Showers
When it comes to installing a shower floor, teak wood offers several advantages:
– **Durability:** Teak wood is incredibly strong and durable, making it a great choice for high-traffic areas such as bathrooms and showers. It’s known to be resistant to rot, mildew, and other forms of damage from moisture.
– **Water Resistance:** As mentioned earlier, teak wood is naturally resistant to water damage. This makes it an ideal material for shower floors as it won’t be damaged by constant exposure to water.
– **Appearance:** Teak wood has a unique, warm appearance that can add sophistication and beauty to any bathroom or shower. The color usually ranges from yellowish-brown to rich golden brown, with occasional knotting adding visual interest.
– **Easy Installation:** Teak wood is easy to work with and can be cut into different shapes and sizes. This makes it easy to install in any bathroom or shower without the need for special tools or skills.
## How To Install Teak Wood Flooring in Showers
Installing teak wood flooring in showers isn’t difficult but there are some steps you should take to ensure it’s done properly:
– **Prepare the Subfloor:** Before installing your teak wood flooring, you should ensure that the subfloor is clean and flat. If needed, use sandpaper or a sander to smooth out any bumps or uneven surfaces before installation begins.
– **Install a Moisture Barrier:** To protect your teak wood flooring from water damage, you should install a moisture barrier between the subfloor and the teak wood flooring. This will help keep water from seeping through the cracks and damaging your flooring.
– **Cut the Flooring:** After preparing the subfloor and installing the moisture barrier, you can begin cutting your teak wood flooring into the desired shapes and sizes. Make sure all pieces fit together snugly so there are no gaps between them.
– **Install the Flooring:** Once all pieces have been cut to size, you can begin installing them on the subfloor using a power drill or hammer and nails. Make sure all pieces are tightly fitted together so there are no gaps between them.
## Finishing Touches
Once your teak wood flooring has been installed, you can finish off your shower with some final touches such as grout or sealant. Grout will help fill in any gaps between pieces of flooring while sealant will help protect your floor from water damage. You may also want to consider adding decorative features such as rugs or mats for extra comfort and style.
Installing teak wood flooring in showers is an excellent way to upgrade your bathroom space while adding durability and style. With its natural resistance to water damage and its attractive look, it’s no wonder why this material has become so popular among homeowners looking for an elegant yet practical solution for their shower floors. With proper installation and maintenance, your teak wood flooring will last for years to come!