Pergo Laminate Flooring Formaldehyde
Pergo MAX Premier Newport Pine 6.14-in W Water Resistant Handscraped Wood Plank Laminate
Pergo Max 7.61-in W x 3.96-ft L Baldwin Hickory Wood Plank Laminate Flooring in the Laminate
Pergo MAX Premier 7.48-in W x 4.52-ft L Scottsdale Oak Embossed Wood Plank Laminate Flooring in
Pergo 8-1/4"W x 48-3/8"L Walnut Laminate Flooring in the Laminate Flooring department at Lowes.com
Pergo MAX Premier Amber Chestnut 7.48-in W x 4.52-ft L Embossed Wood Plank Laminate Flooring in
Pergo MAX 7.61-in W x 3.96-ft L Tidewater Wood Plank Laminate Flooring in the Laminate Flooring
Pergo TC RECLAIMED BARNWOOD 16.12-SQ in the Laminate Flooring department at Lowes.com
Pergo MAX Providence Hickory 5.23-in W x 3.93-ft L Handscraped Wood Plank Laminate Flooring in
Pergo Portfolio + WetProtect Waterproof Avenue Oak 10-mm Thick Waterproof Wood Plank 7-in W x 50
Pergo Max 5.35-in W x 3.96-ft L Fairview Pecan Wood Plank Laminate Flooring in the Laminate
Pergo SOS PERGO BRIGHTON WALNUT in the Laminate Flooring department at Lowes.com
- Liberty Oak Laminate Flooring
- Glenwood Oak Laminate Flooring
- German Laminate Flooring Suppliers
- Electric Underfloor Heating For Laminate Flooring
- Leggiero Oak Effect Laminate Flooring
- Underfloor Heating With Laminate Flooring
- Allen And Roth Laminate Flooring Cleaning
- Pine Effect Laminate Flooring
- How To Pick Laminate Flooring
- How To Laminate Flooring Stairs
When it comes to flooring, there is no doubt that Pergo laminate flooring is one of the most popular and widely used types of flooring on the market. It offers a wide range of styles and colors to fit any home décor and is also very durable, meaning that it can last for years with proper care and maintenance.
However, one of the biggest concerns when it comes to Pergo laminate flooring is the issue of formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen and can cause serious health issues if exposed to high levels for too long. So, it’s important to understand the safety levels of this type of flooring and what you can do to reduce the risk of exposure.
## What Is Pergo Laminate Flooring?
Pergo laminate flooring is a type of flooring made from a composite material that consists of several layers. The top layer is a wear layer that protects it from scratches and other damage. Beneath that is a photographic layer that gives it its color and style. The next layer is an inner core layer made from high-density fiberboard (HDF). Finally, there is a base layer that provides stability and sound insulation.
## What Is Formaldehyde?
Formaldehyde is a colorless, odorless gas that can be found in many products, including some types of building materials such as particleboard and plywood. It’s also used in some adhesives, paints, and other household products. When exposed to high levels for long periods of time, formaldehyde can cause health issues such as eye, nose, and throat irritation, coughing, wheezing, nausea, and even cancer.
## Is Pergo Laminate Flooring Formaldehyde-Free?
Unfortunately, no. While Pergo laminate flooring does not contain formaldehyde itself, it does contain formaldehyde resins which are used as part of the bonding process for the HDF core. It’s important to note that these resins are safe when used in small amounts according to industry standards; however, if the material has been stored or manufactured improperly, or if low-quality materials have been used in the construction process, then there may be higher levels of formaldehyde present in the finished product.
## How Can I Reduce My Exposure to Formaldehyde in Pergo Laminate Flooring?
There are several steps you can take to reduce your exposure to formaldehyde in your Pergo laminate flooring:
* Make sure that the laminate flooring you purchase is made with high-quality materials and has been stored properly before installation.
* Make sure that there are adequate ventilation systems in place during installation.
* Consider using formaldehyde sealants or coatings on your laminate flooring after installation.
* Regularly clean your floors using products specifically designed for laminate floors.
* Open windows regularly to increase air circulation in your home.
* Invest in air purifiers for your home to help reduce the presence of formaldehyde in your indoor air.
## The Bottom Line
Pergo laminate flooring can be a great choice for homeowners looking for durability and style without sacrificing safety. With proper storage and installation methods as well as regular cleaning and air circulation, you can reduce your exposure to formaldehyde while still enjoying all of the benefits of this popular flooring choice.